left the old one, starting a new one.... (cross-posting from multiply...so don't think nobody read this!haha)

A new blog, a new me! (hopefully haha)

breakfast stuff

Monday, November 23, 2009 by cArLo

me enjoying my pomodoro pasta... don't mind the oiliness of my face. haha

sunday is the only time that i usually have the "normal" breakfast, meaning that's the only time i get to eat at 7 or 8 am our time. i usually eat my breakfast around 9 or 10 pm... being assigned mostly at 12 midnight would make me go home 8:30 am, and yeah there were times that i was assigned 10 pm and get home 6:30... but still that's not the "normal" breakfast, if you know what i mean. and usually when i'm still up 7 am or 8 am my office mates and friends would drink after the shift, so it's rare that i'm home and cooking breakfast during the mornings...

so the past sunday, i had the chance again to just do that... after my friday shift, which was saturday morning my office mates and i had a FEW drinks, only a few since i was somewhat sick with coughs and colds, so i was able to go home around 2 pm. and from there i just slept through... woke up 10 pm, ate a little and went back to bed, woke up around 4 am, surfed a little then dozed a little until 6 am, and then had the chance to cook breakfast for my family...

i was thinking of cooking hotdogs, or bacon which is another favorite of mine, and some eggs but there were no hotdogs or bacon in the fridge (duh, i was the only one who's buying those bacons and hotdogs since my mom actually doesn't like meat. she would go for chicken or fish, because the doctor advised her, and she's somewhat health conscious..) so i looked at what's in stock and found a can of vienna sausages. i haven't had those in years (serious!) so i opened it and just had it microwaved with it's juices included. and there were some chopped tomatoes in the fridge so i got 'em and made them into scrambled eggs... well not scrambled and not omelletes though, it was in the middle of those 2. don't get it? just look at the pics:

yep, that's what it was for breakfast...

with the garlic rice i made and the left-over veggies and a mango... hmmm? my mom got it from the fridge...

i also had coffee that day, and my mom and i had some talks.. (my dad was still sleeping because of his everyday internet surfing spree) she asked about my work, if i'm enjoying it and stuff like that. as my mom asked me those questions i began to analyze myself if i'm happy at my work, and i was also able to tell her about another account that some office mates are tempted to transfer to. well some of those i don't know already did....
"so may balak ka ba lumipat?" an office mate asked
"sa ngayon, hindi. masaya pa ako dito so i'm going to stay here" i said.

yeah, i'm happy at where i am now (except the downside of it i guess and all the f*ck*ng fraudsters...) i mean i love what i'm doing, and what i'm doing also helps other people so i'm cool with it.. and i got friends that i'm happy to be part of my life. so yeah, i believe i'm here to stay... this has been the job i had been looking for since last year, and yeah i'm happy with it.

so that part of my life is good. i'm happy. the other parts, well that's another story to tell...

i realized that i haven't had lots of chances to bond with my mom, and i was happy i was able to eat breakfast with my mom that day... :)

here's also the breakfast i've done weeks ago which i haven't got to post:

corned beef and eggs... yum...


a closer look...


cook some garlic fried rice....


a corned beef and egg roll??? hahaha just playing with my food... but it's a good idea right?

yeah, i still play with my food. but i still eat it. i just imagine and do things, kung anu ano. i still have that child in me : )


also i mentioned in a previous blog that i was supposed to put up pics of the pomodoro i made before, so here it is:

the pomodoro... how it's done?


chop lots of garlic...

cook it a little in olive oil (no picture haha)


then add the tons of chopped tomatoes... yum!

add basil and salt... pepper if you want...


and don't forget the pasta!


i loooveee pasta!


as in! i swear!!!

2 comments:

citybuoy said...

everything looks really good! i'm glad you seem happy. ako rin once in a blue moon ko nakakasama mga tao mag-breakfast. it's always nice to catch up.

miss u!

Ast Abe said...

Good day! I am Astrid Abesamis, Communication Arts graduating student from the University of Santo Tomas. Our thesis group would like to ask for your help by answering our survey about blogging. Can I ask for your email address so that I can email the survey questionnaire? We hope for your response. Thank you so much! God bless!

'http://infintyskins.blogspot.com/'>